- 2 x celery
- 2 x onions
- 4 x garlic
- 2 x tomatoes
- 3 x carrots
- bay leaf
1. 1kg Chicken bones (alternatively you could opt for beef bones)
2. Assorted vegetables (2 x celery, 2 x onions, 4 x garlic, 2 x tomatoes and 3 x carrots)
3. Fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, basil, sage, bay leaf and rosemary)
4. 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
5. 1tsp salt
*Note: the assortment of vegetables and fresh herbs are entirely up to you
1. Roast bones for 30mins to improve flavour (if using raw bones).
2. Rough chop vegetables (leave garlic whole).
3. Place bones, vegetables, herbs, apple cider vinegar and salt into the pot.
4. Cover all ingredients with water and let it sit for 20mins.
5. Allow to boil then simmer for 1 hour for the minerals to be pulled out of the bones
6. Transfer to pressure/ slow cooker and allow to continue cooking for 24-72 hours hours.
7. Strain the broth and serve (or store!)
How to use bone broth
1. Refrigerate for up to 5 days, drink after heating
2. Freeze in ziplocks or containers for up to a month
3. Use as a soup base (It is incredibly yummy to combine with mushroom soup!)
4. Use it to make pasta sauces (keep frozen in ice cube trays and defrost when needed)